MISSION TRIP TO HAITI
After three mission trips to Haiti (learn about our 2010
, and 2012
trips), we're taking another team this year July 27-August 3
We would love to have your support at our Haiti Spaghetti Lunch fundraiser - April 21, 2013 at 11:10AM, for early worshipers, and 12:20PM, for late worshipers. Tickets are only $5, and can be purchased from any team member, or in the Welcome Center on Sundays.
SEE FOR YOURSELF
Play any of our previous years' videos here:
MISSION TRIP VOLUNTEERS
For anyone planning to go on future trips to Haiti, we encourage five things:
- Prayer: Pray for those in need and those who will go.
- Passport: If you don't have one, apply now. If you already have a passport, make sure it won't expire before March 2013.
- Immunizations: Check the CDC website to see what is recommended for Haiti.
- Money: Begin cutting back on your expenses and start saving now. Also let others know about your trip and how they can support the work you will do.
- Fitness: Unless you've been, it's hard to appreciate how physically demanding a trip like this can be. Don't wait on this one. Begin a program of regular exercise now.
In addition, First Baptist Church continues to support the Summer Music School at the Christian University of Northern Haiti (UCNH
) through our annual Hope for Haiti
fundraiser. If you would like to go to Haiti and help with the music camp this summer, please contact Janet Ray